Getting Started with FeatherS2 esp32-2

CircuitPython on hardware including Adafruit's boards, and CircuitPython libraries using Blinka on host computers.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
cattledog

Re: Getting Started with FeatherS2 esp32-2

Post by cattledog »

So it doesn't show up as a file; it just causes new programming to be written to the device, which should allow it to reboot as a CircuitPython device with a code.py that you can edit. For that, you may need to use the RESET button (not BOOT) -- after that (fingers crossed), the device should show up as CIRCUITPY instead of UFTHRS2BOOT.
Yes, I do get back the CIRCUITPY and the correct CP version shows in REPL, but the Serial does not work and the code does not run on download when using Mu.

cattledog

Re: Getting Started with FeatherS2 esp32-2

Post by cattledog »

After the "enter bootloader mode" button click confusion was cleared up, I then suffered from several Newby user errors and misunderstandings about how to use Mu, the role of the code.py file, and the alternate use of import filename.py in the REPL. The Windows file transfer error was not important and others have seen it.

I was pointed in the right direction from the Adafruit #help-with-circuitpython Adafruit channel on Discord. I'm grateful for all the Adafruit support here and on Discord.

I thought that learning circuitpython would be a worthwhile experience after years of C, C++ and the Arduino environment.
We'll see ;-) , as it took me two days to blink an led.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Adafruit CircuitPython”