Due to high demand expect some shipping delays at this time, orders may not ship for 1-2 business days.

wavefile error with PyPortal Titano
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

wavefile error with PyPortal Titano

by grookill on Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:44 am

I have upgraded the CircuitPython installation on my Titano to 6.10 and reinstalled the original PyPortal Default files as described on https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-pyportal-titano/circuitpython. Upon reboot the Default installation is giving this error:

Code: Select all | TOGGLE FULL SIZE
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'WaveFile'

I looked in this forum and noticed that someone else is having the same issue PYOA. I thought I would bring this to your attention so the demo file can be updated.

Oh, is there a way for people to create their own PYM files? And if so, what are the advantages and disadvantages of using PYM files?

grookill

Re: wavefile error with PyPortal Titano

by grookill on Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:03 am

An update:

I updated to CircuitPython 6.2 and it still failed with the same error.

I then downgraded CircuitPython to 5.3.1 from the S3 Bucket and it solved the WaveFile issue.

For the time being I guess I'm stuck on 5.3.1 until the PyPortal Circuit Python package itself is updated to work with 6.1.

grookill

by tannewt on Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:43 pm

grookill wrote:Oh, is there a way for people to create their own PYM files? And if so, what are the advantages and disadvantages of using PYM files?

mpy files are created with mpy-cross. They lower the memory used during import. On boards with more than 32k ram, you can use the regular .py files with little difference.

This error is likely due to WaveFile being removed from `audioio` because it's now in `audiocore`. I believe we've updated all of the code so make sure you have the latest versions of all the libraries.

tannewt

by lowrider2962 on Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:36 pm

BUMP!
I've had this same issue with my device using 6.2.0. I managed to get it working again by installing 5.3.1. Nothing later than that would work. I hope I dont have too many difficulties dealing with an outdated version and newer libraries. It would be great to see this fixed in the next update.

lowrider2962

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.