QT PY + RGB + MOSFETs
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

QT PY + RGB + MOSFETs

by pcmofo on Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:50 pm

Looking for some help/sanity check on my XLR Mic circuit project and some QT PY specific usage.

Right half is an XLR mic muting circuit connected to an optoisolator. A QT PY controls the Optio and RGB LEDs as well as handles capacitive touch input from the user. The QT PY has around 600ma available via the 3.3v regulator. I’m trying to PWM drive 4 or more RGB LEDs (also from adafruit) using N-Chanel MOSFETs. I have done this with other transistors before but I am trying to keep everything powered by the QT PY which means 3.3v which I’m going with a MOSFET to reduce voltage loss. 1) does this look right? 2) Will any of the adafruit MOSFETs work or can someone recommend a MOSFET for this application?

I’d like to run RGB effects (fading etc) in the background while I handle touch input in the foreground so to speak. I might normally do this via interrupts but I’m not sure the QT PY supports this or how to implement it. It is otherwise working very well for my specific project and I’d like to keep using it.
A819BFFB-FD6D-4BCD-A9E7-2E72013D9EDA.jpeg
A819BFFB-FD6D-4BCD-A9E7-2E72013D9EDA.jpeg (204.49 KiB) Viewed 64 times

pcmofo

Re: QT PY + RGB + MOSFETs

by pcmofo on Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:03 pm

Any thoughts on the code?

pcmofo

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.