Due to high demand expect some shipping delays at this time, orders may not ship for 1-2 business days.

External/PCB Antenna Selection
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

External/PCB Antenna Selection

by drewyboy on Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:39 am

Hey all,

I'm running circuity python on a particle xenon. I'm looking to to use an external antenna rather than the built in one for bluetooth. I've been digging through circuit python source and I'm having a heck of a time trying to find out where the pin for the antenna is defined. As you can see in the attached image if P0.24 is disabled and P0.25 is enabled, I can use the uFL. I'm guessing that circuity python doesn't have a way to recognize an attached antenna and auto switch so that's why I'm looking for the proper place to do it. My current best idea is to set the pin values in my main script during the initialization. Any better method or official way this is handled by circuit python, say in the bluetooth library?

drewyboy

Re: External/PCB Antenna Selection

by tannewt on Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:13 pm

I don't think we have an API for it. Using digitalio should work but I don't know of anyone who has tried it.

tannewt

Re: External/PCB Antenna Selection

by drewyboy on Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:14 pm

Thanks for the reply. I ended up just calling the pins directly and it’s worked out.

drewyboy

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.