Please note: Friday June 18 is a holiday celebrating Juneteenth, please allow extra time for your order to arrive and plan accordingly.

rfm9x LoRa board data send not working
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

rfm9x LoRa board data send not working

by 0xdj on Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:10 pm

Hi, I'm curious if anyone has had any challenges with getting the rfm9x working in circuitpython for the Raspberry Pi module?

Im building a network of various LoRaHam devices, including a nicely working GPS module which does APRS-like things. my setup is:

- Multiple feather m0 boards with 433mhz LoRa chipset (I'm in US but licensed). these can successfully send/recv to each other
    - Adafruit rfm9x raspberry pi board, installed and confirmed working screen, buttons, and recv LoRa on 434MHz
    - The above board, when attempting to send using
    Code: Select all | TOGGLE FULL SIZE
    rfm9x.send(bytes("hello","utf-8"))
    , data does not show up on any of the feathers

I can't work it out. The feathers happily send and receive data all day long, and all of this data is seen by the raspberry pi board. But it can't send a single packet. I can't identify where the issue may be... clearly on the right frequency and using all the right modulation/demodulation to pick up data transmitted from the M0 boards.

0xdj

Re: rfm9x LoRa board data send not working

by 0xdj on Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:30 pm

my Uniden radio scanner at least makes a noise when the rfm9x board is sending, so it's at least transmitting to the airwaves. Question is, why can none of the feather m0 boards see it then?

0xdj

Re: rfm9x LoRa board data send not working

by 0xdj on Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:38 pm

SOLVED!

Code: Select all | TOGGLE FULL SIZE
rfm9x.enable_crc = True

The m0/radiohead requires CRC. From the examples, it looked like that was an optional setting, but it's not

For example, this tutorial: https://learn.adafruit.com/lora-and-lor ... lora-radio doesn't included the CRC line, so presumably it's fine for raspi<--->raspi, but once you want to talk with an m0 you need it.

0xdj

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.