Please note: Friday June 18 is a holiday celebrating Juneteenth, please allow extra time for your order to arrive and plan accordingly.

Details of Python Library for LoRa Bonnet
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Details of Python Library for LoRa Bonnet

by RocketScientist on Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:47 am

I am looking to debug LoRa communication with the LoRa Bonnet for the rPi. I can see examples how setting frequency, power and CRC ... but how are the rest of the LoRa parameters set? is there documentation of this library?

RocketScientist

Re: Details of Python Library for LoRa Bonnet

by jerryn on Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:56 am

jerryn

by RocketScientist on Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:03 pm

Thank you! Just what I needed. I'm moving on from the RadioHead library on Arduino and need to set the communication parameters to enable compatibility.

First look suggests I don't have to modify the library, just adjust the parameters.

RocketScientist

by jerryn on Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:27 pm

I have found the defaults to be compatible with the RadioHead defaults.
Good luck!

jerryn

by RocketScientist on Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:10 pm

Yup. That is what the documentation says ... and just checking that seems to be so.

I have found RH defaults not optimal for maximum range ... so using other values - trading throughput for range (SNR).

Also .. new LoraLib - https://jgromes.github.io/LoRaLib/class_lo_ra.html - is a more flexible format for Arduinos methinks. Can transmit in AFSK (for APRS) and RTTY formats as well as LoRa. The interrupt handing seems better. So that becomes the Arduino default. APRS payload format for "backward" compatibility.

Trying to make a telemetry system that can use either LoRa, APRS or RTTY (mostly for satellite-like things) ... while also enabling use of Pi stations.

RocketScientist

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.