Magtag display issue

CircuitPython on hardware including Adafruit's boards, and CircuitPython libraries using Blinka on host computers.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
tj_berlin

Magtag display issue

Post by tj_berlin »

Dear Adafruit support,

I just received my Magtag via Digikey but unfortunately there is an issue with the display.

There's a vertical line that is constantly displayed (like a pixel error or similar):
IMG_5225.jpg
IMG_5225.jpg (321.76 KiB) Viewed 78 times
IMG_5226.jpg
IMG_5226.jpg (237.27 KiB) Viewed 78 times
I installed the latest version of CircuitPython and tried different demos but the line remains.

In the forum I found a post about a similar issue (viewtopic.php?f=60&t=175037&p=853201&hi ... ue#p853201) with the advice to check the ribbon cable but it looks ok to me as far as I can tell:
IMG_5233.JPG
IMG_5233.JPG (263.4 KiB) Viewed 78 times

Is there anything I can try to fix this or is this a hardware error and getting a replacement is the only way to go?

Thank you very much in advance!

adafruit_support_carter

Re: Magtag display issue

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

Hmmm. That ribbon cable looks fine. Thanks for the excellent photos. Let's just replace it. I think that's a pretty low level hardware failure without any easy fix.

Send an email to [email protected] with a link to this thread and they can help get you a replacement MagTag.

tj_berlin

Re: Magtag display issue

Post by tj_berlin »

Thank you very much for your extremly quick and helpful reply, I have sorted it out with Digikey.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Adafruit CircuitPython”