bno055 changing from old to new library

CircuitPython on hardware including Adafruit's boards, and CircuitPython libraries using Blinka on host computers.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Robin_Koek

bno055 changing from old to new library

Post by Robin_Koek »

Hi,

I've the following situation, I used to read a bno055 sensor based on this tutorial and this library on a Raspberry 4 Model B reading over UART. This used to work rather flawless but for reasons unknown to me the Python script declares errors currently and refuses to run (it's an adaptation of the simpletest.py script).

As I learned this week on github this is all deprecated now so I figured giving it a try based on the new 'Adafruit_CircuitPython_BNO055' code in conjunction with this tutorial

This brings me to my question as I still have the previous module installed, what would be the best way to remove this so that it does not create any conflicts within Python when installing this new library? Could somebody help me with the correct lines for the terminal to locate the previous bno055 library and clean it up before commencing with this new approach? Thanks a lot!

Also just a side-question, I noticed in both the wiring and the code the RST pin is not included anymore in the new CircuitPython_BNO055 set-up and I was wondering if does not create any errors in the (self-)calibration of the sensor or other pitfalls?

Thanks!
Robin

Robin_Koek

Re: bno055 changing from old to new library

Post by Robin_Koek »

It would be great to get a reply.

Kindly appreciated,
Robin

tannewt

Post by tannewt »

What exact code are you running and what is the full error message you are getting?

danhalbert

Post by danhalbert »

To uninstall the old library, do `pip3 uninstall Adafruit-BNO055` or `sudo pip3 uninstall Adafruit-BNO055` if you installed it with `sudo pip3`.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Adafruit CircuitPython”