Read current microphone state

CircuitPython on hardware including Adafruit's boards, and CircuitPython libraries using Blinka on host computers.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
mu88

Read current microphone state

Post by mu88 »

Hi,

I've bought a PicoPlanet and want to build a volume control for Microsoft Teams and Skype to mute / unmute the microphone.

So far that works very well - I can toggle the microphone state via the keyboard shortcuts of both Teams and Skype.

What I'd really like to accomplish is a behavior similar to a Jabra Headset: when you're muted, the LED is red, otherwise green. For this I have to find out the current microphone state (muted or unmuted).

Does anyone know how to get this information about the current microphone state?

If preferred, here is my question on StackOverflow: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/674 ... hone-state

tannewt

Re: Read current microphone state

Post by tannewt »

I don't think there is a way to get it without adding some code on the host. I think the simplest thing is to keep track of the last state set from CircuitPython and assume that's the only way it changes.

mu88

Post by mu88 »

And if you would have to bet: how do you think does Jabra read those states? I don't see any high-level Jabra tool (e. g. dedicated app or Windows service) on my machine, so it seems to be a low-level component...

tannewt

Post by tannewt »

The Jabra headphones are an audio device over usb so there may be state there. With CircuitPython you are acting as a keyboard.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Adafruit CircuitPython”