Please note: Friday June 18 is a holiday celebrating Juneteenth, please allow extra time for your order to arrive and plan accordingly.

PyPortal not responding to USB
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

PyPortal not responding to USB

by jcglover on Tue May 18, 2021 11:30 am

I'm experiencing this exact issue: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=166646&p=817224&hilit=No+PORTALBOOT#p817224

I have other PyPortal devices. The cable I'm using works fine with the other PyPortals or the Titano board, as well as other USB devices (AirSpy, sd card reader). I've tried other cables with similar results.

The code loaded over a year ago on the PyPortal is running and connecting to WiFi to retrieve the data it needs to run. I can not ever get it to connect to USB. I've tried 3 different computers - newer Xeon-based Windows 10, older i7 Windows 10 laptop, another i7 desktop. I found one forum post that said the drive had become corrupted and it would appear in device manager to reformat - nothing there alas.

Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot this further, or is the USB interface on the board just dead? I've inspected the traces and solder joints as best I can, but everything appears good.

jcglover

Re: PyPortal not responding to USB

by franklin97355 on Tue May 18, 2021 11:45 am

So, you have one pyportal that does not work when others do in the same setup and connections? How long did it work and did you do anything when it stopped working?

franklin97355

by franklin97355 on Tue May 18, 2021 12:20 pm

Carter suggests you try to go into boot mode by double-pressing the reset button and checking if the led is red or green.

franklin97355

by jcglover on Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:37 pm

It worked for probably a year running an ISS tracker before it was packed up and moved cross country. Unpacked and I went to write an app to track the Chinese rocket body orbital decay and it was unresponsive.

franklin97355 wrote:So, you have one pyportal that does not work when others do in the same setup and connections? How long did it work and did you do anything when it stopped working?

jcglover

by jcglover on Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:39 pm

franklin97355 wrote:Carter suggests you try to go into boot mode by double-pressing the reset button and checking if the led is red or green.

LED is red and remains red.

jcglover

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.