Pixel Sand Demo Code

CircuitPython on hardware including Adafruit's boards, and CircuitPython libraries using Blinka on host computers.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Bigwillt

Pixel Sand Demo Code

Post by Bigwillt »

I may be missing something very simple. This is my first go at this.

I have a little coding experience and I recently got the MatrixPortal M4 and have done several of the projects but I would like to get it back to the original out of the box sand demo. Is there a simple way to do that or is there code somewhere to do it? I saw the Arduino sample code. Would that work with the M4?

I also did something switching back and forth between code samples and got it where nothing would work so I did wipe it back to the "Hello World!" code. I have figured out that monitoring the session in PuTTY is a great way to see what the code is doing and learn from it.

adafruit_support_carter

Re: Pixel Sand Demo Code

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

Yep, the Matrix Sand Demo is written in Arduino. You can get the code here:
https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-mat ... -dust-demo

chomicz

Post by chomicz »

Same here, trying to copy over files. I updated the uf2 with circuit python 7 and am trying to add the original (Sand demo? or pixeldust code? that takes advantage of the accelerometer). Cant seem to be able to get it to work... to drag and drop into lib folder and copy over code.py. Nothing happens when I copy those files over. Does the pixel dust directory that contains the pixeldust.ino file have to be uploaded through an arduino program? Any way to copy over files like most of the other programs available for matrix4portal?

adafruit_support_carter

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

The code is written in Arduino, not CircuitPython. You'll need to use the Arduino IDE.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Adafruit CircuitPython”