Please note: Friday June 18 is a holiday celebrating Juneteenth, please allow extra time for your order to arrive and plan accordingly.

[Feather RP2040] No REPL on USB
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

[Feather RP2040] No REPL on USB

by dbrazil on Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:06 pm

Hi,

I got 2 Adafruit Feather RP2040 and I'm trying to run it with MicroPython.

I'm able to see the 'flash drive' when plugging the board in the computer. I'm also able to build it's firmware using:
Code: Select all | TOGGLE FULL SIZE
make BOARD=ADAFRUIT_FEATHER_RP2040

However, after copying the UF2 into the Feather RP2040 'flash drive', I don't see the REPL on USB.

I built using the same repository for the PICO and I can confirm I see the REPL on /dev/tty.usbmodem1413301 in the PICO board.

I checked the rp2/mpconfigport.h file and MICROPY_HW_ENABLE_UART_REPL is disabled and MICROPY_HW_ENABLE_USBDEV is enabled; which should give me access to the REPL trough USB.

Any thoughts why I can't see the REPL? Maybe you have a UF2 for MicroPython that I could test in my end?

Thanks

Ps:
I do understand Adafruit prefers CircuitPython, however I have a lot of libraries already implemented for MicroPython.

dbrazil

Re: [Feather RP2040] No REPL on USB

by mikeysklar on Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:50 pm

No REPL makes things difficult.

Could you take a look at this thread and maybe try the UF2 at the end uploaded a few weeks ago. It might be a starting point and there are some pointers in there that may help you on your micropython Feather RP2040 journey.

viewtopic.php?f=57&t=178271

mikeysklar

Re: [Feather RP2040] No REPL on USB

by dbrazil on Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:28 pm

Thanks for showing me that post mikeysklar! I didn't stumble on it through my search before posting.

I replied to that thread with my comments and procedure that I've gone through to solve this issue.
Problem solved!

dbrazil

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.