Macropad Rebooting on stop

CircuitPython on hardware including Adafruit's boards, and CircuitPython libraries using Blinka on host computers.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
thecronjob

Macropad Rebooting on stop

Post by thecronjob »

Hi, I am sure this is an easy one I just can't figure it out. I got my AdaBox19 and installed CP 5 alpha, I also tried the very latest, and even went back to 4 alpha , then 3 alpha. I nuked it for good measure as well. I am back to the latest 7.x and it still constantly reboots. I can barely get the sample midi project loaded (keys light up) and then it reboots. I tried safe mode to no great effect. Any thoughts on where I should start? Thanks!

Code stopped by auto-reload.
soft reboot

Auto-reload is on. Simply save files over USB to run them or enter REPL to disable.
code.py output:
Please update your code: 'max_glyphs' is not needed anymore.

Code stopped by auto-reload.
soft reboot

Auto-reload is on. Simply save files over USB to run them or enter REPL to disable.
code.py output:

dastels

Re: Macropad Rebooting on stop

Post by dastels »

Auto-reload is what lets you change code and have it reload automatically. Unfortunately some operating systems poke the connected file systems occasionally which will cause a reload.

To stop this from happening do this in the REPL:

Code: Select all

import supervisor
supervisor.disable_autoreload() 
You will have to manually cause a reload after making code changes (CTRL-D at the REPL prompt is the easiest way). To turn it back on:

Code: Select all

import supervisor
supervisor.enable_autoreload() 
Dave

thecronjob

Re: Macropad Rebooting on stop

Post by thecronjob »

Dave, thank you for the response. I will try that next time... The craziest thing happened. It started working as expected when I plugged it back in today. Nothing changed, no OS reboots... just unplugged it and went to sleep. Maybe it was tired like me ;) Anyhow, thanks again. Cool little product.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Adafruit CircuitPython”