Metro esp32-s2 TinyUF2 boot loader to circuitpy drive

CircuitPython on hardware including Adafruit's boards, and CircuitPython libraries using Blinka on host computers.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
muttstang

Metro esp32-s2 TinyUF2 boot loader to circuitpy drive

Post by muttstang »

I installed the combined.bin from the TinyUF2 on my metro esp32-s2 and now it shows up as metros2boot as a drive on my PC. How do I get this to show up as circuitpy instead so that Mu will recognize it? Its probably something simple but I don't see it in the adafruit document. I renamed the drive at first and Mu seemed to recognize it, but then I moved all of the library files over and the folders appeared as empty, I disconnected the metro and reconnected it and it appeared as metros2boot again and none of the library files were on it anymore.

Any help is appreciated! I'm used to arduino uno/nano programming in the arduino IDE.

thanks!

muttstang

Re: Metro esp32-s2 TinyUF2 boot loader to circuitpy drive

Post by muttstang »

I'm trying to install circuitpython with the UF2 file for the Metro ESP32-S2 but when I drag the file into the METROS2BOOT drive, it goes through some install process, the drive vanishes, but it comes back as METROS2BOOT instead of CIRCUITPY.

I installed the tinyUF2 bootloader for the Metro ESP32-S2 to get the current drive name but now I can't seem to get it to name the drive as CIRCUITPY.

any ideas?

Thanks!

muttstang

Post by muttstang »

should I have put this into the Metro subforum?

tannewt

Post by tannewt »

Dragging the CircuitPython drive to the BOOT drive should install it. If it doesn't, check that you have the correct UF2 for the board you have. Some UF2 bootloaders won't flash a UF2 for a different board.

muttstang

Post by muttstang »

Can I try installing the UF2 bootloader again over top of the existing one? does it just over write?

muttstang

Post by muttstang »

Reloading the boot loader did it

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Adafruit CircuitPython”