Nucleo144-F767ZI Support?? No prompt.

CircuitPython on hardware including Adafruit's boards, and CircuitPython libraries using Blinka on host computers.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
gdjsky01

Nucleo144-F767ZI Support?? No prompt.

Post by gdjsky01 »

I see it as a CircuitPython 6.3.0 as a .bin file available for download. I guess you can come full stop and reply no if this board is not supported (I mean I see its unofficial) and no one has ever got it running.

I drag it (or cp from zsh) from a download folder to the /Volumes/NODE_F767ZI directory and it copies, completes, and resets to green. However in a serial monitor I see nothing and get nothing at 115200. Nor 9600. Nor anything else.

If I restart the board I get a red light and nothing.

I also tried the Arduino STM32 tool which works to download .bin files and that succeeds to copy, but nothing results.

Code: Select all

~/Library/Arduino15/packages/STMicroelectronics/tools/STM32Tools/2.0.0/macosx/massStorageCopy.sh -I /tmp/download/adafruit-circuitpython-nucleo_f767zi-en_US-6.3.0.bin  -O NODE_F767ZI 
I verified a simple blink program as a .bin works. So the board is not broke.

My nucleo board is a rev B-01. The host is a late model Intel Macbook running Big Sur. Ideas? Thank you in advance

tannewt

Re: Nucleo144-F767ZI Support?? No prompt.

Post by tannewt »

Definitely try CP 7.0.0. Any issues may have been fixed with it.

I don't know anyone who regularly uses it so debugging it won't be high on the Adafruit priority list. We're always happy to help folks dive in though if you are up for it.

gdjsky01

Post by gdjsky01 »

thank you for the reply. I love your Deep Dive program! Well to be honest I only tune in to see Spook! And yes, a lot is over my head for now. I have been coding for 35 years. But not embedded. Mostly Unix/Linux server side apps. Coding in assembler (Z80, 6502, x86, 68000), then Forth, Modula-2, C, C++, Java, and now Kotlin. I find embedded fascinating.
I'll try 7.x

Using WSL I tried to build 6.3.x. Followed all the directions. The build fails quickly using make BOARD=nucleo_f767zi

A shame as the board is REALLY powerful. Its not small, but is really fast. I wanted to use the f767zi with GameDuino 3x mounted on on it, the MacroPad as input, and either a NODEMCU or a FunHouse (I have both) as the communicator to the external world. All wired together for a controller. The 767zi for the heavy lifting computations, the gameduino for display to people what is going on and such, and the NodeMcu or Funhouse to communicate with the external IoT items and return results.

I'll post back the results of trying 7.0.x

tannewt

Post by tannewt »

Thanks! The Discord is a good resource too: https://adafru.it/discord

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Adafruit CircuitPython”