MacroPad Key Not Working

CircuitPython on hardware including Adafruit's boards, and CircuitPython libraries using Blinka on host computers.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
notyourmrr

MacroPad Key Not Working

Post by notyourmrr »

I purchased one of the Macropads put it together. Plugged in and everything lit up correctly, all keys. Screen fired up fine, displaying the base code for testing.

On testing everything worked except the second key (Top row middle key). It's lit up but not sending input. On tests all other keys work correctly and the rotation works fine. I tried testing the button in the default configuration and installed CircuitPython 7.0, the AdaFruit CircuitPython library (as described here https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_Ci ... n_MacroPad) and tested out the buttons again, all of them worked as expected except Button 2.

Not sure what to do at this point, I worry it's a hardware issue. Suggestions?

dastels

Re: MacroPad Key Not Working

Post by dastels »

Can you try something for me?

Swap the problem key with one that's working and see if the problem moves with the key.

Dave

notyourmrr

Re: MacroPad Key Not Working

Post by notyourmrr »

Thanks for the suggestion, popping the offending key out I see that it had a bent pin. On straightening out the pin and putting it into a different position it worked just fine, tested all keys, and they're all good. Thanks for the help.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Adafruit CircuitPython”