TFT Featherwing will not light up

CircuitPython on hardware including Adafruit's boards, and CircuitPython libraries using Blinka on host computers.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
ebockelman

TFT Featherwing will not light up

Post by ebockelman »

I have a TFT FeatherWing - 3.5" 480x320 Touchscreen for Feathers PID: 3651 that I'm looking to drive with a Feather RP2040.

I soldered my headers onto the Feather RP2040 board, installed CircuitPython, and coded a simple Hello World to activate the display.

I then plugged the Feather into the FeatherWing, applied USB power via PC connection and got nothing on the display. The LED on the board did blink. The CircuitPython drive mounted on the PC.

I tapped the 3.3V, GND, VBAT, and VUSB pins on the FeatherWing and got the expected voltages on my meter. I fiddled with the enable switch hopelessly a few times as well, but still nothing showed up on the display.

So at that point, I suspected I had a bad FeatherWing, but I wouldn't have ruled out something messed up in my solder job on the Feather header (although I was surprised the backlight of the display didn't at least come on). I ordered another Feather and FeatherWing to test.

I took my Feather and plugged it into the replacement FeatherWing. The replacement immediately lit up and displayed my Hello World page.

So it looks like I have a bad Feather Wing. What would it take to get it swapped out? The original FeatherWing was ordered September 24, so we are within the 30 day window.

mikeysklar

Re: TFT Featherwing will not light up

Post by mikeysklar »

Okay, thanks for doing the troubleshooting for us and confirming that everything works with another FeatheringWing TFT. Let's swap out the FeatherWing TFT that does not illuminate.

Please e-mail [email protected] with your order# and a link to this forum thread for proof of testing.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Adafruit CircuitPython”