Trouble Connecting Adafruit BLE to Wonder Workshop Cue

CircuitPython on hardware including Adafruit's boards, and CircuitPython libraries using Blinka on host computers.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Bodie

Trouble Connecting Adafruit BLE to Wonder Workshop Cue

Post by Bodie »

I'm following the relatively simple steps in the tutorial here: https://wlrc-open-docs-zopul.ondigitalo ... index.html

My code is dead simple (robot name is, in fact, "Dude")...

Code: Select all

import wonder

robot = wonder.Dash('Dude')
robot.drive(30)
robot.turn(-360)
My Clue is able to connect to the Cue robot, but then kicks out an error:

KeyError: <BLEConnection object at 0x200197b0> object has no service <class 'WWRobotServices'>
That looks to be an error coming from the adafruit_ble/__init__.py file suggesting that "WWRobotService" isn't an available Bluetooth service on the Cue?

I've been coding for 20+ years, but admittedly a bit new to the hardware side and especially Bluetooth, so it's possible I botched something along the way or have something set up wrong. The instructions are pretty clear and simple though.

I've sent an email to Wonder support as I suspect it's most likely an issue on their end maybe with their "wonder" library, but thought I'd post here too just in case someone knows what's going on.

Any help/guidance would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Bodie

Re: Trouble Connecting Adafruit BLE to Wonder Workshop Cue

Post by Bodie »

Update in case someone else comes here with the same issue.

Wonder Workshop got back to me and said it was a bug with their "wonder" library. They've released a new 0.0.2 version here: https://github.com/playi/PythonWonderDo ... _7.0.0.zip

That fixed the problem for me. Woot!

tannewt

Post by tannewt »

Great! Thanks for the update.

jbutler82

Post by jbutler82 »

I am having trouble with the adafruit connecting to the Cue robot. I have run those code
import wonder

robot = wonder.cue('cue')
robot.drive(30)
robot.turn(-360)

I am getting these errors:
AttributeError:"nonetype' object has no attribute 'connected'

I have installed all the libraries necessary, but I don't know what we are missing.

Thanks for your help!

Bodie

Post by Bodie »

I get those errors when the robot is turned off, so basically it can't find it. Assuming your Cue is turned on, my next guess would be the robot name 'cue' may not be correct. I think you can check the robot's name in the app settings. It may also be case sensitive, so if you haven't changed anything, you might just need to change both instances of 'cue' to 'Cue'. I believe the object name is capitalized as well as the string name.

I'm using a Dash bot and I renamed mine to "Dude", so my code looks like:

robot = wonder.Dash('Dude')
I'm guessing maybe yours needs to be:

robot = wonder.Cue('Cue')

jbutler82

Post by jbutler82 »

I did try this and was unsuccessful. Do you have any other suggestions? Am I bluetoothing it to the computer and then the clueboard will pick it up?

Bodie

Post by Bodie »

You shouldn't need a computer at all. If your Cue is turned on, the Clue board will look for it and attempt to pair with it, as long as the name of the bot matches the name in your code. So the Clue talks directly to the Cue. No computer necessary. I hope that helps.

If not, you might try reaching out to Wonder support. They were pretty good about responding when I had issues.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Adafruit CircuitPython”