Pico driving OLED(I2C) with CircuitPython

CircuitPython on hardware including Adafruit's boards, and CircuitPython libraries using Blinka on host computers.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
ray_leiter

Pico driving OLED(I2C) with CircuitPython

Post by ray_leiter »

My boot_out.txt file has this:
Adafruit CircuitPython 7.1.0-beta.0-75-g932131b4f on 2021-11-18; Raspberry Pi Pico with rp2040

I have 2 OLEDs:
1. A 0.96 inch mono SSD1306 based 128x64 OLED using I2C and
2. A 1.3 inch mono SH1106 based 128x64 OLED using I2C

I have been searching for several weeks for a CircuitPython example that display text and graphics on OLED #1
and I've also searched for a CircuitPython example that display text and graphics on OLED #2.

Every time I find an example, it is either for SPI OR MicroPython OR some other driver chip OR some older version of CircuitPython OR another board (like Arduino UNO) OR it just plain DOESN'T work!

I DO have the OLED #2 working on an Arduino UNO, but my goal is to have it work on the Pico!

Many of the examples I found use "i2c = board.I2C()" which is NOT valid on a PICO. There are many other reasons I've failed thus far.

If anyone out there knows of a CircuitPython piece of code that runs under version 7 on a Pico to drive an OLED based on either of the 2 driver chips I've mentioned, PLEASE let me know.

I'm almost ready to give up!
Thanks,
Ray

adafruit_support_carter

Re: Pico driving OLED(I2C) with CircuitPython

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Adafruit CircuitPython”