Cannot connect to FunHouse on Win10

CircuitPython on hardware including Adafruit's boards, and CircuitPython libraries using Blinka on host computers.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
teefour

Cannot connect to FunHouse on Win10

Post by teefour »

I just got around to cracking open my AdaBox 014 and am having trouble getting my new FunHouse to respond. It powers up and is running the demo app, but on my PC the addition drive is not showing up. I have tried every USB port and several different USB cables, including ones that I verified can transmit data (not just power). What are my next steps?

(Also, the temperature sensor on this board seems to be busted. When it powers on it's accurate for a few seconds, but then it quickly climbs about 10 degrees C higher than is accurate.)

tannewt

Re: Cannot connect to FunHouse on Win10

Post by tannewt »

The demo app may not be CircuitPython and therefore not show the drive. Make sure you load CP if you want to use it.

It's common for the temp sensor to climb like this when it is located on the same PC as displays and/or microcontrollers because those components heat up the board. If you care about the temp reading, then the best approach is to read it immediately after startup and sleep in between readings. That will reduce the amount of heating from the microcontroller.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Adafruit CircuitPython”