Black Lives Matter - Action and Equality. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Itsybitsy nRF52840 Arduino help
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Itsybitsy nRF52840 Arduino help

by mwpmorris on Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:08 am

Hi,

I'm struggling with uploading certain sketches to my Itsybitsy nRF52840 Express. The Arduino IDE seems to be upgrading the Itsy's firmware each time I try to upload a sketch....

Code: Select all | TOGGLE FULL SIZE
Sketch uses 42900 bytes (5%) of program storage space. Maximum is 815104 bytes.
Global variables use 6672 bytes (2%) of dynamic memory, leaving 230896 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 237568 bytes.
Upgrading target on /dev/cu.usbmodemFA1411 with DFU package /private/var/folders/0r/sm62pm196jz2tt1vx3q0g7lr0000gn/T/arduino_build_639586/blinky.ino.zip. Flow control is disabled, Single bank, Touch disabled
########################################
########################################
#####
Activating new firmware
Device programmed.

I'm not sure if the above messages are normal. The last time I worked with the Arduino IDE was a few years ago and I don't think I ever saw these messages with an Uno board.

The above sketch actually seems to work ok and give me a blinking LED on the BTLE LED.

However, any of the "peripheral" examples that I've tried seem to temporarily brick the board. It gives a quick double-blink on the BTLE LED when powering up, but does nothing else. I have to put it in DFU(?) mode by double clicking the reset button it order for it to accept any sketches, otherwise the upload stalls.

Thanks in advance!

mwpmorris

Re: Itsybitsy nRF52840 Arduino help

by mwpmorris on Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:16 pm

I'm an idiot... I didn't have the serial monitor open in the Arduino IDE. That'll teach me to not read the code before posting.

Apologies everyone!

mwpmorris

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.