Matrix Portal M4 reset button doesn't get it into bootloader
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Matrix Portal M4 reset button doesn't get it into bootloader

by bobarsenault1 on Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:37 pm

Received Matrix Portal M4 with Adabox016, was running Python bundle 6.x libraries on it for a very long time...lovely weather info program. Saw a prelim version of 7.x, grabbed it and upgraded the bootloader and then the /lib folders on CIRCUITPY drive to the V7 .mpy's....things went kerflooie on reboot...I think that's the correct technical term. Now I get a mish-mash of various library errors stating that the V7 libraries are "not compatible" or that I have "syntax errors". It's definitely a library version error....

Board reports I'm now using: Adafruit CircuitPython 7.0.0-alpha.6 on 2021-08-12 Matrix Portal M4 with samd51j19

Problem: Can't get the reset button double press to put the board back into bootloader mode so I can upload proper new/fully released 7.x uf2. I've tried at least 50 variations of timing on the reset button, I'm using Win10 and even tried unmounting the USB drive trick with board reboot that I saw in another post, other suggestions in the forums as well...no matter what I do I still get the CIRCUITPY drive with reset button double press instead into bootloader.

Any ideas on how to get this thing into bootloader mode so I can un-kerflooie the unit with latest and released .uf2 file?

Thanks!

bobarsenault1

Re: Matrix Portal M4 reset button doesn't get it into bootlo

by mikeysklar on Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:46 pm

Is there anything else connected to matrixportal? When you are trying to connect with the double-reset is the just with the controller board (not the matrix itself) using the USB as the only connected device?

mikeysklar

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.