Feather 32u4 won't scan RFID using MFRC522
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Feather 32u4 won't scan RFID using MFRC522

by rjpatel2 on Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:32 pm

I am trying to make an alarm system where once the alarm goes off, you can turn it by scanning a RFID tag. I am using the following pin connections:

MFRC522---------------Arduino Uno

SDA------------------------ Digital 10 (SS)

SCK------------------------Digital 13 (SCK)

MOSI----------------------Digital 11 (MOSI)

MISO----------------------Digital 12(MISO)

IRQ------------------------unconnected

GND-----------------------GND

RST------------------------Digital 9 (PB1/OC1A)

3.3V------------------------3.3V

These are the connections between MFRC522 and Arduino Uno R3. I am using the same connections for Feather 32u4 basic proto. My problem is that the RFID scans and reads a tag normally. But when the alarm goes off, the RFID does not scan at all. I am using a Real Time Clock module to get time and use a function that constantly compares the current time with the set alarm time. Is there something I should know about Feather 32u4 while trying to get it to scan using RFID while is is already busy performing some other activity?

rjpatel2

Re: Feather 32u4 won't scan RFID using MFRC522

by kcl1s on Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:18 pm

Post your code (between code tags) and we can take a look. Does your sketch work on the Uno when the alarm is active?

Fellow Hobbyist
Keith

kcl1s

Re: Feather 32u4 won't scan RFID using MFRC522

by rjpatel2 on Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:38 pm

I managed to figure it out. The RST for mfrc522 was using the same port 9 as button A on featherwing oled display we were using. Button A had to be pressed to set the alarm so everytime button A was pressed it messed up the reset setting for the mfrc522 as well thus stopping it from scanning again until you reset the whole product.

rjpatel2

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.