Comm Port disappearing on Feather 32U and Mo

Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
gaflyfisher

Comm Port disappearing on Feather 32U and Mo

Post by gaflyfisher »

Hello...

I am running windows 10 with the current Arduino IDE and Adafruit drivers installed. I am programming a feather 32U and having problems with the Comm Port in the IDE vanishing. I plug in the feather and I can see the Port Menu option engage and I select the port. Windows then gives me an alert that it is configuring for the feather and then the comm port vanishes from the IDE and I can't upload. Happens on the MO also, however, UNOs work properly with no issues.
I followed the instructions to ignore the comm Port setting and download blink by hitting the reset button during compilation/download. It downloads fine and works. The comm port shows for a bit in the IDE, then vanishes again and I can't download my program.

No Ports are listed in the device manager at this time.

I have tried different cables ( known good), rebooted the system, reinstalled drivers and the IDE, unplugging -plugging in the devices etc... nothing.

Hope you can help...

Franklin97355

Re: Comm Port disappearing on Feather 32U and Mo

Post by Franklin97355 »

Have you removed and reinstalled the IDE with a fresh copy? Also, is this a Feather or an Itsy Bitsy?

gaflyfisher

Post by gaflyfisher »

Thanks for the reply...

Yes ... uninstalled old copy... downloaded a new copy of the IDE and drivers and installed, rebooted machine. Same result. It feels like windows at first sees the device and assigns them a comm port then windows comes along a minute later removes it.

gaflyfisher

Post by gaflyfisher »

Sorry.... forgot to say this is a feather 32u and a feather MO

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Itsy Bitsy Boards”