Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

ItsyBitsy M4 Express: Non-functional DotStar
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

ItsyBitsy M4 Express: Non-functional DotStar

by michaelsraven on Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:37 pm

Hi, folks,

I'm aiming this post at Adafruit support staff, hoping to receive a part replacement authorization.

On July 9th I ordered a couple of ItsyBitsy M4 boards, Order #2321144-6358330363.

While both are happily chugging away, executing code, one of them has an essentially dead DotStar indicator LED (see attachment).

Actually the disparity in brightness is far greater than captured in the photo; the bad LED, which shows as a smudge in the picture, is no more than a pin-prick in real life. The red and blue LED's (and therefore all color blends, of course) are just as useless.

I'm hoping you can replace this defective unit (the whole board, not the DotStar---reworking such a tight PCB (& tiny part) is beyond my powers). And I certainly hope you can do this without requiring the return of the bad unit; the postage involved would consume most of the cost of a new board.

Thanks,
Attachments
IMG-3885.jpg
IMG-3885.jpg (86.29 KiB) Viewed 44 times

michaelsraven

Re: ItsyBitsy M4 Express: Non-functional DotStar

by dastels on Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:22 pm

That's definitely not up to par. Probably a bad solder joint.

Please email support@adafruit.com with a link to this thread, your order number, and request the replacement of one ItsyBitsy M4 Express.

Dave

dastels

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.