Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Solved: ItsyBitsy nRF52840 Express not appearing in Windows
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Solved: ItsyBitsy nRF52840 Express not appearing in Windows

by Ethan_in_NJ on Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:22 am

A pair of ItsyBitsy nRF52840 Express I received this week did not appear as USB drives on Windows 10. I solved the issue, so this post is for others who might run into it.
When plugged in I got a rapid flashing blue LED, and no appearance of a disk in Windows 10. The system did throw up messages about configuring the device, however. Rooting around I found the "USB device not migrated..."

I was able to reset into the bootloader, and decided to try reloading circuitpython. I grabbed it here:
https://circuitpython.org/board/itsybit ... 0_express/
I dragged the UF2 file onto the ITSY840BOOT drive, it copied and reset itself and it then loaded properly as CIRCUITPY.

Nothing groundbreaking, of course. An odd note, however: I used a DELL M4700 for the above steps on the first Itsy. For the second, I used a Lenovo T440 - also Windows 10.
On the Lenovo, I could reset into the bootloader, but I could not update the circuitpython. Dragging adafruit-circuitpython-itsybitsy_m4_express-en_US-5.3.1.uf2 does not *update*, but instead gets *copied* to the drive. On resetting the device, the file disappears from the bootloader.

This behavior is presistent with the Lenovo. All other behavior is normal - CIRCUITPY mounting, accessing REPL with mu...

Ethan_in_NJ

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.