Feather 32u4 with RFM69HCW Packet Radio - 433MHz

Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
jb85463

Feather 32u4 with RFM69HCW Packet Radio - 433MHz

Post by jb85463 »

Hi all,

I am having a Feather 32u4 with RFM69HCW Packet Radio - 433MHz, I also bought some keyfobs with the same frequency. Since both using same RF 433 MHZ, Can I use the remote to control my feather? If yes, please help me how to set it up.

any help is pleasure!

mikeysklar

Re: Feather 32u4 with RFM69HCW Packet Radio - 433MHz

Post by mikeysklar »

Hello jb85463,

Depending on the keyfobs you are using there might already be a fully developed library for interacting with them.

I would suggest putting your RFM69 into OOK mode and start listening to the transaction to see what you can learn about them.

https://github.com/adafruit/RadioHead/b ... 69.cpp#L81

Joachim_Bnt

Post by Joachim_Bnt »

Hello,
I think I have sort of the same issue. So I'm trying to use a key fob with the Feather 32u4 RFM69, so I've tried to use the code you share in the github, but my Arduino IDE says it couldn't compile.
Also, I don't know how to "listen to the transaction", if I understand well, I could "listen" which signals are sent, and then ask the Feather to react to them? How should I do that?

I'm sorry I'm really a beginner with radio module and Arduino in general, but I have to understand, or at least make it work, for a school project.

Thank you very much

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

This sounds like a different issue.

Let's start with getting your code to compile. Please open a new thread on getting the 32u4 RFM69 example code to compile and we can work from there.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Itsy Bitsy Boards”