UF2 with native nRF52 SDK binary

Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
gravy_beard

UF2 with native nRF52 SDK binary

Post by gravy_beard »

Hey all, I have plenty of experience programing Nordic natively then programming with a J-Link, but thought I would try uploading a program to my ItsyBitsy nRF52840 Express using UF2 - but it's going horribly wrong. I'm just trying to load a simple blinky without any SoftDevice support, but I think I either have the build parameters wrong, or maybe I'm missing something with converting to UF2... I just don't know. Here's what I've tried:

I get my hex from the nRF52 SDK - I've built it so the flash starts at 0x0000, 0x4000, and 0x26000 because I've seen all of those floating out there. I have then used uf2conv.py to convert it to a UF2 using:

Code: Select all

uf2conv.py -c -f 0xADA52840 blinky_pca10056_s140.hex
When that didn't work, I used srec to convert my hex to a bin, then use uf2conv.py on that:

uf2conv.py -c -b 0x4000 blink.bin
where 0x4000 could also be 0x26000 and with every variation of flash start listed above. None of these give me anything either. And so I'm not really sure what else to try. Has anyone ever managed to get a nordic application uploaded successfully via UF2? If so, what was your process?

gravy_beard

Re: UF2 with native nRF52 SDK binary

Post by gravy_beard »

In typical fashion, I found the right formula immediately after posting this question. I placed the start of flash at 0x026000, ran uf2Conv.py with

uf2conv.py blinky_pca10056.hex -c -f 0xADA52840
and it flashed without issue. Sorry for the unnecessary question.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Itsy Bitsy Boards”