Please note: Friday June 18 is a holiday celebrating Juneteenth, please allow extra time for your order to arrive and plan accordingly.

PC doesn't recognize Itsy Bitsy
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

PC doesn't recognize Itsy Bitsy

by topper2k on Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:30 pm

I’ve got a project (an arcade lightgun) built with a ItsyBitsy 32U4 5v 16mhz board. To initially install my project, I followed all the steps to add the board and get it setup with the IDE. (https://learn.adafruit.com/introducting ... -ide-setup).

The project has been working fine for a couple weeks. Today I plugged it in to upload a code update and I can’t seem to connect to the board.

I get the normal beep boop when I plug the USB cable in. But I don’t see the device in Device Manager.

In the Arduino IDE, I can see I have the correct board selected, but the com port selection is grayed out.

Looking at the board I’ve got a single red blinking LED.

Here's what I've already tried:

Rebooted the PC
Uninstalled and reinstalled Arduino IDE
Reinstalled board list
Manually installed Adafruit device drivers

Any idea what could be wrong?

topper2k

Re: PC doesn't recognize Itsy Bitsy

by topper2k on Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:39 am

I've tried this on three different PCs now with the same results. Two of the PCs had previously been used to upload sketches to this ItsyBitsy board. The third was a fresh install of the Arduino IDE, etc. I'm stumped.

topper2k

Re: PC doesn't recognize Itsy Bitsy

by topper2k on Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:57 am

I think I've solved this.

I activated the bootloader by double tapping the reset button. Then I initiated an upload of the "bare minimum" example sketch. And double tapped the reset button again.

This successfully uploaded the minimum sketch. I was then able to upload other sketches as well.

topper2k

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.