Custom ItsyBitsy M4
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Custom ItsyBitsy M4

by JLINDAHL on Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:17 pm

Hi Adafruit,

I have 2 questions

1: Do you have the ability to make custom ItsyBitsy M4?
Basically I just want a custom screenprint. I am piggybacking your M4 on a low volume industrial instrument.

2: Can I buy some software assistance? In addition to Serial (on USB) and Serial1 (TX/RX pin) I need two additional serial ports, say named Serial2 and Serial3. If possible on pin 3+4 and 10+11.

I have tried to follow:
https://learn.adafruit.com/using-atsamd ... new-serial
but I just can't get it to work.

I need C code, not python.

I don't mind to pay for this software assistance somehow.

JLINDAHL

Re: Custom ItsyBitsy M4

by blnkjns on Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:47 pm

Did you read into Software Serial:
https://www.arduino.cc/en/Reference/SoftwareSerial
I know the M4 supports more hardware Serial like in your linked document, but for concept testing SoftwareSerial is probably easier to get going.
What's the need? More MIDI ports?

blnkjns

by JLINDAHL on Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:02 am

Thanks for your reply.

I will use the additional com pins for serial communication with a HART modem and a RS-485 modem. This is an industrial application.

Software Serial has a limitation in that it can only talk on one set of pins at a time if I understood it correctly. Hence I need to get the hardware com working.

JLINDAHL

by westfw on Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:27 am

Are you asking for permission, or are you asking whether Adafruit could build you a panel worth of IBM4 boards using your replacement silkscreen layer (as long as everything else is the same)? That’s an interesting question... (or you could provide the panel and see if they’ll finish manufacturing it... still interesting.)

As for serial - have you posted what you’ve tried to do, and explained how it’s not working?

westfw

by JLINDAHL on Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:31 am

I don't really have the time to spend on figuring out how to get these two extra set of COM pins working, I rather just pay someone to get it done.

So if you're up for making a few bucks you're welcome to give it a try!
I'll pass you what I have tried so far.
I think it's just some pad/pin numbering/naming that is incorrect or some MUX/interrupt.

For the silk screen, yes the question is if Adafruit can manufacture a few panels with "modified" silk print. Basically put my company name on them.
Obviously at some additional cost.
I will use these in an industrial product low volume. I believe with open source I may be legally able to do it myself, but my volumes too small, does not make sense.

JLINDAHL

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.