ItsyBitsy nRF52840 What am I doing wrong?

Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
janfw

ItsyBitsy nRF52840 What am I doing wrong?

Post by janfw »

Hello everybody,

i'm really new to circuitPython and adafruit products and my first project was supposed to be the heart necklace https://learn.adafruit.com/neopixel-led ... e/overview .

I have some experience with arduino and ESP32 programming along to basic knowledge of java and C++. Unfortunately i cant get the code running. Im using Mu for the code, which i did not change at all, and it says its fine at least. Hardware is also wired correctly. I did upload the latest version of CP : 6.2.0 and downloaded the latest libraries, which i copied into the ItsyBitsy's lib folder. So far so good: The green LED on the board is on. But i cant connect to Bluetooth via the adafruit app and also the LEDs of the necklace do nothing.

When i try to just download the project bundle and copy it into the ItsyBitsy the RGB-status-LED is showing different colors, that dont really fit the troubleshooting list. first green, then yellow, short break, flickering yellow, flickering blue, longer break, repeat.

Could there be any incompatibility between the libraries and the versions? I tried to locate all the libraries that should be included, but only managed to find a few.They are not included in the latest set of libraries.
Do you have any idea? :(

janfw

Re: ItsyBitsy nRF52840 What am I doing wrong?

Post by janfw »

So i did some tests and the LEDs are working correctly. But Bluetooth is still not working ... :(

adafruit_support_carter

Re: ItsyBitsy nRF52840 What am I doing wrong?

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

Are you still trying to get BLE working with the Heart Necklace project linked in your first post? It sounds like you generally followed the correct process to get everything updated and then download the project bundle. But then you got some error indicators on the RGB status.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Itsy Bitsy Boards”