Itsy RP2040 use on commercial board

Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
EricFish

Itsy RP2040 use on commercial board

Post by EricFish »

Hello-
First time post, apologies if this is not the right forum...

We are looking to make a commercial project (LED controller board for a microscope) with the RP2040. It would be very appealing to use this Itsy RP2040 board as a daughterboard as everything is "done"- all layouts, USB, etc.. I know you are more targeted towards hobbyists, but I was curious if other people were using this in a commercial project? Is there any reason to NOT do this? Or do you encourage it? For example the Raspberry pi Pico board has certifications (FCC/UL/etc) listed on the board. I haven't been able to find if the Itsy has similar ones? The pico will not fit very well on our board, it is too big. I really like the size of the Itsy.

I know the other option is just to buy the chip directly, and we may eventually go that route, it is just nice to be able to get such a head start. We already have the rest of the board laid out, so this would let us finish it in a few hours...

Thanks,
-Eric

Franklin97355

Re: Itsy RP2040 use on commercial board

Post by Franklin97355 »

As long as you don't claim to design the IB RP2040 and include Adafruits open source I don't see any reason not to use it.

adafruit_support

Re: Itsy RP2040 use on commercial board

Post by adafruit_support »

hi eric, the adafruit boards are open source, it's encouraged! we cannot provide legal advice or custom engineering support, so please work with your teams on that of course!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Itsy Bitsy Boards”