Bluefruit advertising not transmitting for certain packet si

Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
YogurtMafia

Bluefruit advertising not transmitting for certain packet si

Post by YogurtMafia »

I’m building a ble mesh network using Bluefruit as a scanner and advertiser. It works fine with certain packet sizes (31 bytes always works) but other sizes simply won’t advertise. The values that will transmit seem to change based on the first packet sent. For instance if I send a 26 byte packet it will work. 27 29 bytes will work but 25 and 28 simply do not nothing. If I send 25 bytes first 25 26 28 will work but not 27 or 29. I’m honestly completely lost with this one.

danhalbert

Re: Bluefruit advertising not transmitting for certain packe

Post by danhalbert »

Could you supply more details? The board, your code, the versions of the software, etc?

Are you scanning for the advertisements with a tool like nRFConnect (runs well on Android, especially in landscape mode) that would let you monitor all these advertisements?

YogurtMafia

Re: Bluefruit advertising not transmitting for certain packe

Post by YogurtMafia »

I’m scanning the advertisements first with a second itsy bitsy running Bluefruit and confirmed the results using NRF connect. The packets appear with some sizes and not with others. I’m also confirmed that the first byte ( representing the packet length) was correct along with the length value for the set data command.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Itsy Bitsy Boards”