IB M4 Express USB Device Not Recognized

Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Daft_vagabond

IB M4 Express USB Device Not Recognized

Post by Daft_vagabond »

My M4 express isn't being recognized by my PC. I'm on Windows 10. I plugged it in last week and it worked fine. It wasn't stored on or near anything that might damage it. I've tried bootloader mode too, but I get the same result.

I've tried multiple cables, all of which I can confirm have worked before.

When plugging it in, the internal led flashes pink, yellow, yellow, yellow, green. Then green flashes on and off slowly for a few seconds, maybe about 20-30, then I get the "usb device not recognized" alert from windows.

When attempting bootloader mode, it's just stays a steady red and the smaller red led near pin 4 just quickly flashes on and off.

I'm pretty sure the last code I uploaded to it was for testing a small bluethooth module via the TX/RX pins and/or the MISO/MOSI pins, but it was working fine and had worked fine before so I don't think that's the issue.

I'd gladly provide more details, if you'd like

mikeysklar

Re: IB M4 Express USB Device Not Recognized

Post by mikeysklar »

Are you pressing the ‘reset’ button twice to enter the bootloader?

Do you have another machine you can try?

Which USB port on your Win10 machine are you using? (hub, laptop, etc). Just making sure you are not using a keyboard or monitor.

When you see the flashing colors are you in bootloader mode or is it running code CircuitPython or Arduino?

Is anything else connected to the ItsyBitsy?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Itsy Bitsy Boards”