5V Out Question on ItsyBitsy 32u4

Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
ianfinley

5V Out Question on ItsyBitsy 32u4

Post by ianfinley »

Hey there folks, I'm at my wits end and figure I must be missing something obvious. I have a fairly complicated circuit involving LED strips, a PowerBoost, a Switch with some draw down resistors, and an ItsyBitsy 32u4 5V, and it was working great. And then it stopped. I've taken everything apart now to isolate the problem, so I now have a very simple circuit that doesn't work, as follows:

An LED strip (which works when connected to another Arduino Metro), does not light up with even a basic StrandTest. It is connected to the Data Out on Pin 6, the 5V power out and the adjacent GND. I don't think the problem is Pin 6, because when I connected a different, separately powered, LED strip to that Pin 6 if was controlled just fine. I also don't think it's an issue with the Ground connection, because I connected the Ground on the strip to each of the other two Ground connections on the ItsyBitsy, and it still didn't work. I think that means the issue is with the 5V power out connection.

The trouble is, I have resoldered that connection twice now, and still nothing. Is is possible the 5V power out itself is damaged? Is there some other obvious thing?

I would like to apologize in advance for any important information I have left out of this. This is my first post, and I am very much a novice with all of this (I teach theatre!). Please forgive me for my missteps, and thank you all for your time and expertise.

dastels

Re: 5V Out Question on ItsyBitsy 32u4

Post by dastels »

How are you powering the ItsyBitsy? Which pin are you using for 5v output?

Dave

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Itsy Bitsy Boards”