Metro M4 / SAMD51 Touch PTC
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Metro M4 / SAMD51 Touch PTC

by vincentp on Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:22 am

greetings,

I'd like to tackle the use of PTC on my board. The freeTouch lib has register mapping and HRI for the samd21, I was wondering if someone has already got into finding the register map for the SAMD51 ?
If not, what would be the proper way to do it ? The peripheral is on bridge D starting with 0x43-------- addresses. No obvious match between the samd21 adc/dac register map and the samd51 to make a link between the 2.
I read that reverse engineering has been done on this for the samd21 using a debugger and the qtouch lib ?

advice welcome
thanks
vincentp

Re: Metro M4 / SAMD51 Touch PTC

by adafruit_support_mike on Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:43 am

I don't know of any existing code for that right now. The SAMD51 is still a new chip and the support code for it is still under active development.

Don't worry about duplicating existing code if you want to dig in and work on it yourself. The more people who work on their own areas of interest, the faster the platform as a whole will get supported.

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Metro M4 / SAMD51 Touch PTC

by vincentp on Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:14 am

thanks for the prompt reply mike. I've started comparing the register map between the D21 and the 51 to find a possible gap on bridge D but nothing obvious. Next step will be the debugger and a qtouch example + register lookup
vincentp

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.