Metro M4 Express Airlift Lite Locking Up

Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
GardenGeek

Metro M4 Express Airlift Lite Locking Up

Post by GardenGeek »

Hi,
I have been experimenting and learning how to use Arduino 1.8.13 with some accessories attached to a couple of different microcontrollers. I seem to be having an issue when using my Metro M4 Express Airlift Lite, which was purchased through Digi-Key, (sorry, it wasn't in stock through Adafruit when I purchased it). For some reason, it will run a sketch for a couple of loops, and then freezes. I have run the program that I have put together on an Arduino Mega 1280 compatible, as well as an ItsyBitsy M4 without any issues. I have tried updating the UF2 Bootloader in case the one I loaded when I received it somehow became corrupted, but I still have issues. It does not matter what sketch I run, even examples that were written by someone for Adafruit cause this issue. Does anybody have any suggestions for me?

Thanks,
Alaina

mikeysklar

Re: Metro M4 Express Airlift Lite Locking Up

Post by mikeysklar »

Alaina,

What bootloader are you currently running now on your Metro M4?

Can you tell what part of the code you are locking up in by using the serial console and some print statements to help narrow down the cause of hang?

As this is repeatable with our stock sketches please pick a simple one (eg. short with minimal amount of libraries) and we can focus in on the cause of hang.

GardenGeek

Post by GardenGeek »

Thank you for the reply! Here are the board and bootloader details:

UF2 Bootloader v3.13.0 SFHWRO
Model: Metro M4 AirLift
Board-ID: SAMD51J19A-Metro-AirLift-v0

I will be running the adafruitio_15_temp_humidity sketch that was put together in the Adafruit IO Arduino example library today to see where I may be hanging up at. The only modifications that I have made to this are defining which board I am using, and of course my SSID, password, IO Username, IO Key, and which pin I am using for the senor. I will let you know if it hangs up, and where that may be at.

Thanks again,
Alaina

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

Thank you for the description of your changes and what you are running.

Your bootloader is indeed fully current so that is one less concern.

The ESP32 that is the Airlift portion can also be updated on Metro M4 Airlift board. There is a guide for that. Have you taken a look at this? It would be more thing to rule out if you think the code is hanging around WiFi transactions.

https://learn.adafruit.com/upgrading-es ... -one-board

GardenGeek

Post by GardenGeek »

Hmmmmmm! I have been running my script now for 2 days straight without any problems. Maybe it was an issue with my original script. I just don't understand why that board would lock up, but the others that I used did not.

I have not looked into updating the ESP32 yet for this board. I thought it might possibly be something somewhere in the networking end of things. We have been having intermittent problems with our internet. That's part of the reason why I chose that particular sketch. That along with updating the ESP32 may help.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Metro, Metro Express, and Grand Central Boards”