Metro M4 Airlift showing up as usb portable device

Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Billr083046

Metro M4 Airlift showing up as usb portable device

Post by Billr083046 »

Do not know what happened but all of a sudden curcuitpy and metrom4boot disappeared. Metrom4boot now shows up as a portable device. Not running curcuitphyton using IDE. Had some problems getting a Waveshare SSD1351 without sd card to work with Curcuitphython. Reverted to IDE and got the 1351 display to work using IDE and test.ino with Metro M4 Airlift. Seems as though when I added datalogging shield things went wrong but cann be sure of that. I can still upload sketches to the Metro such as SDTEST.ino which gives me back sdcard properties. I am kind of lost at the moment on which USB drivers I should be using. Saw that Kasperkey may affect this so uninstalled it. No difference. Am I experiencing some compatibility issues using IDE. My goal was to get all this working using IDE 1.8.15 then try to convert it to curcuitphython as I am more familiar with IDE. When I add the Adafruit datalogging Ardiuno shield and run the test.ino for the display it works. Anyone got any Ideas on what I may be doing wrong or configuration issues?

Any help to point me in the right direction would be of great help
Thanks
Bill Roberts
Attachments

[The extension ino has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

[The extension ino has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Billr083046

Re: Metro M4 Airlift showing up as usb portable device

Post by Billr083046 »

Ok I answered my own question. Seems as though Metro M4 Airlift is either not compatible with IDE or I have the wrong USB drivers. Reloaded UF2 for curcuitphyton 6.3.0, now everything shows up as normal. Now I need to be able to convert the IDE files that I know work to curcuitphython. This is going to be a learning curve for me. Is there an easy way to convert IDE ino files to py ( nothing is ever easy) ?
Any takers?
Bill Roberts

oesterle

Post by oesterle »

Hi, Bill!

If I'm understanding your post, you are able to upload at least something in CircuitPython via USB, so that's good.

In the Arduino IDE, what happens when you try to build and upload to your Adafruit Metro M4 Express AirLift (WiFi) - Lite?

With the Arduino IDE, can you copy and paste a log of the compiler messages, for a simple sketch? It's helpful to have Verbose Logging turned on, in the Arduino IDE Preferences.

You didn't mention, so I'm also wondering, do you have the latest Adafruit SAMD board support package installed in the Arduino IDE?

Cheers,

Eric

Billr083046

Post by Billr083046 »

Eric
when I query board info with IDE the return info is BN: Adafruit Metro M4 Airlift Lite VID: 239A PID: 8037 SN: 3320BFA85338345136202020FF01093B so that seems all in order.
I can verify and compile and upload a sketch in IDE and they run. It is just that the CurcuitPY and Metro m4 boot does not show up as a drive and does not show the contents of the storage areas. When I double click the reset button to get to the boot drive Metro Airlift shows up (DEVICE Manager) under Universal Serial Bus devices and under Ports(COM&LPT) COM4 when I single click the rest button Metro Airlift goes away (DEVICE Manager) under Universal Serial Bus devices and under Ports(COM&LPT) COM4 reverts to COM3. I do have logging on and I see no errors, Verbose is on and no errors. . I would not expect com ports to change though when you toggle from bootdrive to working drive. This has me totally stumped.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Metro, Metro Express, and Grand Central Boards”