Winc1500 WiFi Status LEDs
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Winc1500 WiFi Status LEDs

by Shorttrack on Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:09 pm

I have a Metro MO Express mated to a Winc1500 (via the headers). Adafruit indicates that there are three LEDs on the Winc1500 that indicate the status of the WiFi connection. My question is: Which library accesses these LEDs? The web page where this is indicated by Adafruit is: https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-win ... no/pinouts. Further down the page under LEDs it states the following: "There are 3 LEDs that are controlled by the Arduino library - they will let you know when there is WiFi access-point connectivity, Activity or an Error when setting up." I have looked through a very long list of libraries available on the Arduino IDE (1.8.5) and not located such a library. Please indicate the specific library required to allow the three LEDs to indicate the connection status. Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Shorttrack

Re: Winc1500 WiFi Status LEDs

by adafruit_support_mike on Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:35 am

The LEDs are controlled by the Wifi101 library.

There's no specific API for them, they're just GPIO pins on the WINC1500 that various functions set or clear to indicate the state of the code.

adafruit_support_mike

by Shorttrack on Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:13 pm

Thank you for your quick response. I have included "WiFi101.h" in my program. I still do not get any activity on the Winc1500 LEDs. I am using the Arduino IDE version 1.8.5. The serial monitor does indicate connection to my own home WiFi and also provides the SSID, IP address, and signal strength. So, I have confidence that the program and hardware are cycling. Again, my setup is a Metro MO Express and the Winc1500. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Shorttrack

by Shorttrack on Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:31 pm

Support Mike: I have seen one of the LEDs on the Winc1500 provide a momentary status. (This is an update to my previous reply to you.) The green "WiFi" led did illuminate for a very short time. My question is: Can that LED be turned on, for example, for as long as the WiFi connection is good? Likewise, if the connection is lost or there is an error, can the other LEDs be turned on for as long as the condition exits that they are indicating? Thanks again for any assistance you may provide.

Shorttrack

by adafruit_support_mike on Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:41 am

You'll have to edit the Wifi101 library to do it.

The parts of the code that control the LEDs use the function m2m_periph_gpio_set_val(), and there's no abstraction layer for LED state as WINC1500 status indicators. The code sets or clears them directly:

https://github.com/arduino-libraries/Wi ... p#L99-L100

adafruit_support_mike

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.