Metro M0 Express Driver Error

Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
alanpinkhasik

Metro M0 Express Driver Error

Post by alanpinkhasik »

Hello,

I am having an issue with my new Adafruit Metro M0 Express. I followed the tutorial to install everything that was needed for the board to work correctly and have continued on to the Arduino IDE to start working on a project. I had the issue where the Metro M0 Express was not getting recognized on the port in the Arduino IDE so I hopped over to Device Manager and confirmed that Windows knows a device is plugged into that specific port. I then double-clicked the reset button on the Metro M0 Express to access the bootloader so my computer can try to recognize it again but that's when Windows notifies me that there's an error, the Device Manager updates, and it says "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)." while not being recognized in the port anymore.

I've tried following through several other threads but nothing has worked!

Any guidance will be appreciated. Thank you very much.
Attachments
metro m0 express error.png
metro m0 express error.png (123.63 KiB) Viewed 179 times

adafruit_support_carter

Re: Metro M0 Express Driver Error

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

I then double-clicked the reset button on the Metro M0 Express to access the bootloader so my computer can try to recognize it again
When you do this, what do the LEDs show? The status LED (arrow) as well as the other smaller LEDs (circled).
metro_m0_leds.jpg
metro_m0_leds.jpg (61.74 KiB) Viewed 166 times

alanpinkhasik

Post by alanpinkhasik »

The status LED is a steady green, the "On" LED is green, both TX and RX are off, and the "L" LED is red with it fading from bright to dim and then slowly going back to being bright continuously.

I can say that after posting this problem on the forums, I unplugged my Metro M0 Express and stepped away from my computer to come back to it later on and now I don't seem to have the problem and I am able to upload code to it from the Arduino IDE.

adafruit_support_carter

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

The old walk-away-come-back-later fix. Amazing how often that works.

Not sure what it was, but glad it's working now. Those LED colors all seem good - they indicate it's happily in bootloader mode. So if we had that, but still nothing on the PC, we could start looking for things on the PC. But guess we don't need to worry about that now. Have fun!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Metro, Metro Express, and Grand Central Boards”