Computer Not Seeing Metro M4 Express
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Computer Not Seeing Metro M4 Express

by ethaniel on Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:39 pm

Hi...
My Metro M4 express doesn't register on any computer; here's the story:
the board worked fine when I first got it, but all of a sudden my laptop (on Windows 10) started seeing it as an unknown USB device. I then plugged it into a desktop mac and it worked perfectly. However, because I wanted to use it on my laptop, I tried erasing the board, thinking that maybe then it would start registering as it should. As it was erasing, I accidentally pressed the reset button, and it looked like it stopped doing whatever it was doing, since the neopixel changed colors. After a little bit, I unplugged the board. Now, using the same cable that worked with the mac moments before, the M4 Express doesn't show up on any computer I have, except for my laptop, which still only sees it as an unknown USB device. Also, every time I plug it in the neopixel is a solid red. Is there any way I can get it working again?

ethaniel

Re: Computer Not Seeing Metro M4 Express

by adafruit_support_carter on Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:38 am

What was the "erase" you were trying to do? Can you double click the reset button and get the METROM4BOOT folder to show up?

adafruit_support_carter

Re: Computer Not Seeing Metro M4 Express

by ethaniel on Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:14 pm

I followed the instructions to erase the board described here: https://learn.adafruit.com/welcome-to-c ... sues-19-20
I downloaded the erase file and dragged that into the METROM4BOOT folder, which immediately started erasing the board before I accidentally pressed the reset button again.
When I double click the reset button, my laptop still sees it as an unknown USB device and no other computer will see the Metro M4 at all.

ethaniel

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.