Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

ePaper Weather Station display wrong date
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Re: ePaper Weather Station display wrong date

by 56647 on Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:37 am

Well done, rhweatherley! Very impressive the way you worked your way through to a solution, be it temporary or not. I made changes to my code per your suggestions and, of course, my ePaper Weather Station now displays the correct date. Thanks so much for your efforts, and even more for sharing them with us. Your are appreciated! Have a great "rhweatherley" day!

by drsanqun on Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:11 pm

Hi rhweatherley,

Thanks for finding a temporary solution. I just bought parts for two of the weather stations to give as gifts. I hope Adafruit will post a permanent solution to this issue. Your addition of the watchdog reset is also very helpful.

Best Regards, Doug

drsanqun

by powershift on Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:18 pm

While shelter at home, I am trying to follow rhweatherley suggestion. However not sure why, line 293 now has a compile error of:

default argument given for parameter 3 of 'void displayForecastDays(OpenWeatherMapCurrentData&, OpenWeatherMapForecastData*, int)' [-fpermissive]

So, I tried to revert back to the original code download from Adafruit again and show the same error. Was is because of some library got updated or other reason?

Thanks in advance for any help.

powershift

by powershift on Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:46 pm

I change the code by remove parameter 3 value assignment:

void displayForecastDays(OpenWeatherMapCurrentData &owcdata, OpenWeatherMapForecastData owfdata[], int count)

and then add the

count = 3;

into the function. Not sure if this will work or not but at least it complies.

powershift

by TWDM on Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:54 am

The date fix worked for me and the retry function works more reliably than before. Using two sets of stacking headers and 6 short jumpers I have added the boost shield and battery. Usage, turn the battery switch on and you get 12 hours of weather until your next check. Battery has lasted a couple of weeks since the last charge.

Thanks for the time/date fix.
Attachments
stack.jpg
stack.jpg (61.77 KiB) Viewed 34 times

TWDM

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.