Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

METRO MO M4 EXPRESS BOARD
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

METRO MO M4 EXPRESS BOARD

by slindojr on Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:06 pm

The board will not drive LCD Display with Adafruit backpack or LED Display with Adafruit backpack.
All the Itsybitsy boards I have will drive those displays.

I know the board is bad but Adafruit is making me go through this because I listed 'defective part' when try to contact them for a replacement.

I bought the item 2/7/20 and just now got around to using it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Stan

slindojr

Re: METRO MO M4 EXPRESS BOARD

by adafruit_support_mike on Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:56 am

Post a photo showing your hardware and connections and we'll take a look. 800x600 images usually work best.

adafruit_support_mike

by slindojr on Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:37 am

[quote="adafruit_support_mike"]Post a photo showing your hardware and connections and we'll take a look. 800x600 images usually work best.
[mg][/img]

I have tried all my settings on my phone and the smallest pix is 1.56 MB. So no loading.
but i2c is very simply to wire up and I have done it for years.
When a lcd display (with backpack) is wired as i2c the drive will not boot. But sometimes if I disconnect the 5v it will boot. Then if I reconnect the 5v pin the display will turn on. All this tells me is the board's 5v current output is pulled down by the display because the board can not produce enough current.

slindojr

by adafruit_support_mike on Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:34 am

What are you using as a power supply, and how many LEDs are you trying to control?

adafruit_support_mike

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.