Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

No bootloader, no response.
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

No bootloader, no response.

by billbryan on Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:00 pm

I have a 6 week old Metro M4 Airlift Lite Prod ID 4000. While updating a sketch which failed, I no longer can see it or talk to the board. The RGB LED is red and steady and the "L" is flashing red. The green on LED is lit.
No number of RESET button presses has any effect. It won't show up as a USB COMM port. I've tried the Verbose using Blink but receive this "An error occurred while uploading the sketch". I get the same results on 2 different computers using different cables. I'm running IDE 1.8.12

I'm assuming I have an infant mortality and need a replacement. How do I request a replacement?

Thanks,
Bill Bryan

billbryan

Re: No bootloader, no response.

by mikeysklar on Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:21 pm

Hi Bill,

There is another thread on this Metro M4 Airlift and working around the type of hang you are seeing that might be helpful.

viewtopic.php?f=63&t=158257&p=780044&hilit=m4+airlift+sketch#p780044

mikeysklar

by billbryan on Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:38 pm

Sorry, nothing looked to apply...

billbryan

by billbryan on Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:57 pm

Problem never solved. Believe the USB port was damaged by static electricity...

billbryan

by mikeysklar on Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:24 pm

Hi billbryan,

Which versions of the Arduino SAMD and Adafruit SAMD board libraries do you have installed?

https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-met ... rduino-ide

What OS's have you been connecting this to? Some systems require 3rd party drivers Win7/8 and Linux/Ubuntu.

I assume the reset press you are doing included the "double tap". Mentioned in the URL above.

Since your board is well outside our replacement window (4-weeks) and we are not shipping anything but emergency COVID orders I'd like to help you resolve this as it is typically a software issue.

mikeysklar

by billbryan on Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:04 pm

Yes, I've done the double press. Nothing changes. Does the same thing on a Dell laptop. It no longer talks USB. I'm programing it through Arduino IDE, current version.

I ordered a replacement board through DigiKey. Same price and always fast shipping. It's one of the best electronic supply stores around. Sometimes I wish they had less stuff but I understand...

billbryan

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.