Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Metro 328 Bootloader Problem
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Metro 328 Bootloader Problem

by MikeISR on Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:25 pm

I purchased quantity 4 of the Metro 328 boards (2270457-5535187622) for a class I just started teaching. Now that we have started using the Metros I've found that there seems to be a bootloader problem with one of the boards. The board boots, the green power LED turns on normally. The board opens a COM port normally. However, I cannot upload a program and the red LEDs do not blink when the reset button is pressed (or when the Metro boots). The setup works with all the other boards.

I have an AVR programmer and have tried to flash the bootloader (both Arduino UNO and the Optiboot bootloader) from the Arduino IDE but receive an error and cannot flash the bootloader. Please note I ran the same procedure on an Arduino UNO and had no problems flashing the bootloader to the board (cable, programmer, and process seem to be fine). The avrdude reports initialization errors. See attached images.

Am I missing something? Suggestions?

error1.jpg
error1.jpg (98.85 KiB) Viewed 112 times

error2.jpg
error2.jpg (70.37 KiB) Viewed 112 times

MikeISR

Re: Metro 328 Bootloader Problem

by adafruit_support_carter on Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:32 pm

Hey Mike - Sorry for the delayed response to this. Not sure what's up with that Metro. Let's just replace it if it hasn't already.

Send another email to support@adafruit.com with a link to this thread and they can send you a replacement Metro328.

adafruit_support_carter

by MikeISR on Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:00 am

Thanks Carter, that would be great. Is there anything I need to do to get the replacement sent?

Should go to the default address on my account:
[MOD EDIT] Removed personal address information

MikeISR

by adafruit_support_carter on Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:00 am

Nope, nothing special. Just send an email. This forum post acts as your authorization for a replacement, which is why you need to link to it in the email. These forums are for the technical troubleshooting part of things. But based on the info in your first post, I'm OK with just saying let's replace it. So the technical troubleshooting part is done. To actually get the replacement, you need to email support.

They should have all your contact info, so no need to post it here.

Just send an email to support@adafruit.com and link to this thread and they will take care of you from there.

adafruit_support_carter

by MikeISR on Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:20 pm

Got it. And, thanks for the MOD EDIT. Forgot I was replying in the forum and not just to you.

MikeISR

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.