Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Metro M4 Airlift Lite - No Drives Showing
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Metro M4 Airlift Lite - No Drives Showing

by Devin82m on Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:49 pm

Hello, I have a Metro M4 Airlift and it no longer shows any drive, it used to show the Circuitpy drive and if I double clicked the reset button I could get the flash boot loader drive to show, but now the double reset doesn't work. I have tried several different USB cables and also am using the same USB cable that works on my PyPortal, Circuitplayground Express Bluefruit, and on all my Trinkets just fine. I don't see any evidence that the device is even being detected. I am using Mint Linux, it was also doing the same in Windows 10. If just found if I wait a few minutes I can double click the reset button and get the pixel to turn red and the L light to blink red, but still no boot drive.

Is my Metro burnt out after only using a handful of times?

Devin82m

Re: Metro M4 Airlift Lite - No Drives Showing

by Devin82m on Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:11 pm

UPDATE: It looks like I can finally get the UF2 Bootloader drive to show now. I let it sit for a while plugged in, then the red Pixel was on I knew I needed to switch to the known good USB cable, then I was able to see the UF2 boot drive. I tried reflashing CircuitPython, but still no CircuitPython drive. Then I tried reflashing the UF2 boot loader image then reflash CircuitPython, still no CircuitPython drive. Just a green On light and a green Pixel. Also, the only time the device shows up in Devices is when I am booted up to the UF2 drive, but I don't get a REPL either in terminal or in Mu to issue any commands. The I can get the serial monitor to come up or screen connection in terminal, but there is no message or prompt, and not this is ONLY while in the UF2 bootloader mode.

Devin82m

by klw1971 on Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:46 pm

Looks like I just had a similar problem - running Ubuntu 18.04 and things were fine for a few months. Although I do have to say that it is difficult to load sketches sometimes. I'm thinking that it might be because of low voltage...

Anyway, I changed to a new sketch using SERCOM4 which is actually a quite simple pass-through of serial data to the standard "Serial" port. The sketch worked well. I was actually able to flash it maybe 3 times. Then the board disappeared from the Linux devices and didn't come back.

- Pressing the reset button once or twice didn't activate the Neopixel LED nor the red L LED at the edge of the board.
- Voltage measured at VIN and GND was 4.55V.
- The green "On" LED at the edge of the board was on.

The fix was to plug it into an iPhone power adapter with a known working cable. It was then immediately available again. I clicked the reset button twice then moved it back over to the Linux laptop and everything is working again. No need to flash UF2 again... sketches load and run fine. ;-)

Hope this helps someone because I was blocked with it for a few minutes.

Enjoy!
klw1971

klw1971

by adafruit_support_carter on Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:37 pm

I have a Metro M4 Airlift and it no longer shows any drive,

Sounds like it worked and then stopped working. Can you correlated that to anything?

You are currently able to get the BOOT folder to show up after double clicking reset?

adafruit_support_carter

by Devin82m on Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:46 pm

Yes, the boot drive works. I can reflash with the newest bootloader and with the current stable CircuitPython, but the CURCUITPY drive never shows. I am using the same USB cable that works with several other Adafruit microcontrollers I have, and I have used that same cable in the past with this Metro. So that tells me that it's the Metro, no my USB cable or computer which work fine with 5 other Adafruit devices flashed with CircuitPy.

Devin82m

by adafruit_support_carter on Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:04 pm

What are the contents of the INFO_UF2.TXT file in the boot folder?

adafruit_support_carter

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.