Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Metro Mini wont take upload
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Metro Mini wont take upload

by JohnsUniqueUserName on Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:33 pm

Have been working with a Metro Mini device and I don't know what caused the issue but it will not take a sketch anymore. The device shows in device manager. The IDE sees the board on comm port 6. When I upload with verbose logging on it shows denied access to comm port 6 and that the programmer did not respond. I have tried pressing the reset button while uploading but nothing changes. On the board, during upload, rx led will blink twice at the beginning and once for each time it did not respond. I am just working with the board at this point. Nothing is connected other than the serial cable.
AdafruitUploadIssue.PNG
AdafruitUploadIssue.PNG (63.12 KiB) Viewed 71 times

JohnsUniqueUserName

Re: Metro Mini wont take upload

by mikeysklar on Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:47 pm

Hello JohnsUniqueUserName,

Since this might be a COMM we should probably start with the SiLabs serial driver. Are you running the latest release?

https://www.silabs.com/products/develop ... cp-drivers

You had mentioned this had been working, but stopped. Was there an OS upgrade or some other change that might be significant?

mikeysklar

by JohnsUniqueUserName on Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:45 am

[deleted]
Last edited by JohnsUniqueUserName on Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

JohnsUniqueUserName

by JohnsUniqueUserName on Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:46 am

mikeysklar wrote:Hello JohnsUniqueUserName,
You had mentioned this had been working, but stopped. Was there an OS upgrade or some other change that might be significant?

Hi, I do have the same SiLabs driver already installed. I have 2 boards and one of them still works. This did not happen after an update. I was loading scripts throughout the day and then it happened.

JohnsUniqueUserName

by mikeysklar on Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:31 pm

JohnsUniqueUserName,

Is there anything connected to the Metro Mini right now? If so, could you disconnect any breadboard or peripherals for the upload. Also it would be good go back to a basic blink program for this part of the troubleshooting should you manage to get an upload through.

I assume the COM6 port shows up in the device manager properly?

mikeysklar

by JohnsUniqueUserName on Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:01 am

mikeysklar wrote:JohnsUniqueUserName,

Is there anything connected to the Metro Mini right now? If so, could you disconnect any breadboard or peripherals for the upload. Also it would be good go back to a basic blink program for this part of the troubleshooting should you manage to get an upload through.

I assume the COM6 port shows up in the device manager properly?

Sorry I meant to mention there is nothing on the board aside from headers and the serial cable. No bread board either. Uploading blink shows the same errors. The board shows in device manager as COM6 when plugged in.

JohnsUniqueUserName

by mikeysklar on Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:43 pm

Sounds like the bootloader is not responding.

When did you purchase this Metro Mini from us?

The last option is to try and restore the bootloader using another AVR programmer or Arduino.

https://github.com/Optiboot/optiboot

mikeysklar

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.