Metro MIni Eagle library

Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
bobkost

Metro MIni Eagle library

Post by bobkost »

How can I use a Adafruit Metro Mini 328 - Arduino Product ID: 2590 board in my eagle project design? Is a way to map the 28 pin socket to the Metro pins

mikeysklar

Re: Metro MIni Eagle library

Post by mikeysklar »

The sch / pcb files for the metro mini are provided here:

https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit-METRO-328-PCB

Have you been able to download these and load them into Eagle?

Is your goal to map a shield with the metro mini or something else?

bobkost

Post by bobkost »

Yes I want to create a shield with the mini as the processor. The files you mention are too detailed. Can you help

westfw

Post by westfw »

I have an EAGLE "shield scaffold" library here: https://github.com/WestfW/Eagle-lbr-published
It's designed to be used to implement shields for various board geometries, so it has things like a Uno board outline and pin components with just the IO pins, which I think is what you're asking for.
I just added the Metro Mini form factor (almost all the pieces were already there.) This does mean that the library is untested - user beware!

Note that this is implemented as several "gates", for each significant pin grouping. D0-D7 is one gate, AREF is all by itself, etc. This means that they can be moved around as convenient on the schematic. But it also means that the schematic part doesn't have a nice MetroMini-sized shape or label. You'd have to add that yourself if you want...
metromini.png
metromini.png (8.01 KiB) Viewed 126 times

bobkost

Post by bobkost »

That worked perfectly do you also have this available for the ItsyBitsy 32u4

Thanks

westfw

Post by westfw »

do you also have this available for the ItsyBitsy 32u4
I'm afraid not. The metro mini turned out to be easy to do since it had such close corespondence with the old standard-shaped boards, but as you get to less compatible boards it's more difficult.
Since I was mainly interested in making shields at the time I started this library, I didn't think of the whole set of "small Arduino-compatible on a larger motherboard" (Feather, ItsyBitsy, Teensy), all of which would be a good idea. I'll take a look at the real level of difficulty involved...
(You may have noticed that the QTPy is there. That's because of "secretProject"...)

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Metro, Metro Express, and Grand Central Boards”