Simple CPX CRICKIT Servo Problem
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Re: Simple CPX CRICKIT Servo Problem

by johnpark on Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:14 pm

Sorry, when you say you're seeing the same results, you mean in Safari, correct? But in Chrome it works? I agree, MakeCode itself ought to have a "Please use with Chrome" popup. I believe we mention it in some of our guides, but probably should make a bigger point of it everywhere.

johnpark

by pambrose on Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:31 pm

Yes, it is failing with Safari, but successful with Chrome.

I saw that someone reported a failure with Chrome on the Microsoft thread that was started as a result of this discussion, after Microsoft declared victory over the problem.

Between the servo issue and the capacitance issue described here:
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=142591&p=704342&hilit=Capacitance#p704342
(an issue that was never resolved), I am having a hard time convincing the teachers I support that using CPX/Crickit is a good idea for next year. I love Adafruit, but our CPX/Crickit experience has led me to conclude that no one at Adafruit bothered to test even the most basic functions of the product with Makecode. That is not cool when you are selling to teachers and little kids. Then, when I reported the problems, I had to call NYC and beg someone (multiple times) to follow-up with my post. I am not talking about esoteric problems here, I am talking about things that 7th graders are running into within 5 mins of using the product! These are problems that deserve someone at Adafruit running around with their hair on fire saying: "This is not acceptable and it has to be fixed ASAP. We accepted their money and we owe them a functioning product!" Responding with: "you can have your money back if you want" does nothing for the kids.

Sorry for the rant, but I hold you guys in very high regard and this experience has been a real disappointment.

Paul

pambrose

by adafruit2 on Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:24 pm

hiya paul - we'd love to see it fixed too! we can refund the product if you can't use it, right now that is our only solution.
you can check in on progress on this bug here https://github.com/Microsoft/pxt-adafruit/issues/924
that's the most up-to-date communication with the MakeCode developers.
posting there with bug reports that link to code that does not work will help them analyze and debug the problem!

adafruit2
Site Admin

by adafruit2 on Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:12 pm

There's a new version of MakeCode that no longer uses mbed
ready for testing at this URL https://makecode.adafruit.com/beta (v1.3.*)
https://github.com/Microsoft/pxt-adafru ... -472197950
Please try it out!

adafruit2
Site Admin

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.