makecode arcade with featherwings
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

makecode arcade with featherwings

by jpilarski on Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:18 am

I have a feather m4 express. Can I run makecode arcade using the joy featherwing and the 2.4" tft feather wing. I know the resolution is different but I read it can handle larger displays. If it is possible how do I designate the i2c pins for the up, down, right, left buttons since the joy featherwing uses i2c.

jpilarski

Re: makecode arcade with featherwings

by johnpark on Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:50 pm

There's not a way I know of currently to do this with the Joy Bonnet or other I2C controllers and MakeCode, unfortunately. It would require a custom extension for MakeCode to be able to select and configure it. This guide shows how to do it with discrete buttons read by digital pins: https://learn.adafruit.com/makecode-arc ... -samd51-m4
I think as we may see some of this get easier in the future as we come out with some new hardware, such as the PyBadge.

johnpark

by jpilarski on Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:35 am

What about sound. I haven't been able to find specifics on configuring an m4 based board for sound output in makecode arcade. I see where you can map pins but how would I go about getting sound output set up. thanks, jason

jpilarski

by jpilarski on Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:58 am

I found this info in the tutorial on custom hardware - JACK_SND if present needs to be on TIM1_CH* pin of F4 and DAC0 of D51 (PA02)

However the specs on the itsy have A0 and A1 as the dac Dual 1 MSPS 12 bit true analog DAC (A0 and A1) - can be used to play 12-bit stereo audio clips

I found this on the arduino forum For instance PMUX[0] sets the port pins PA00 and PA01, PMUX[1] sets PA02 and PA03 and so on.
Anyways if you can point me in the right direction on how to add sound that would be great.

jpilarski

by johnpark on Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:32 pm

According to the MakeCode team, sound output for MakeCode Arcade on Feather M4 does not currently work.
The upcoming PyBadge and related hardware will be getting lots of loving attention on all of these features.

johnpark

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.